Do you like hiking? Well then you'll be happy to know that our region has many walking path. Whatever your level, you have a lot of choice!
About pedestrian hikes: there are 32 paths in Fumel Communauté. You will find several around the Castle of Bonaguil, around Fumel, Thézac, Tournon d'Agenais, Cuzorn, Montayral, Masquières, Saint-Georges...
These are loops, except one going from Fumel to Bonaguil via the GR de Pays, and the path go from 2 to 31.2 km.
To get these maps, you have several options:
- it is sold (0.80 € per map) at the Tourist Office, in Fumel or Tournon (from May 1st to August 31st). We also have a topo-guide for all the Lot-et-Garonne.
- it is also available on our website and you can download it for free, in the "Things to do" section and "Nature activities". To search easily, you can click on the "on foot" button on the left (don't forget to click on "Refine" below to see the results). You can also find all the maps on the Comité Départemental du Tourisme de Lot-et-Garonne's website.
- it is also available on the app itiAQUI (for iOS and Android, in French), that take an inventory of all the hiking path of Aquitaine.
If you like long hikes, do not miss the 47km du 47 on Sunday April 17th 2016 !
And those who want to practice hiking regularly can also become a member of one of those hiking clubs:
- Amicale laïque de Monsempron : M. Guy GERARD, +33 5 53 71 06 58
- Ceux de Bourlens : Mme Michelle MIQUEL, +33 6 84 51 57 89
- Culture et Loisirs Condezaygues : M. Alain PINTO, +33 5 53 71 34 82 ou +33 5 53 71 30 95
- Amicale laïque Tournon randonnée : Mme Danielle PHILIP, +33 6 73 92 40 90 ou +33 5 53 40 89 73
- Les chemins de Thézac : Mme Aline THOUILLAUD, +33 6 79 19 38 59
- Groupe Rando Fumel Communauté : M. Joël MIGOT, +33 6 74 96 68 59 ou +33 6 45 65 75 56
About cycling paths, there is a lot of choice:
- the Véloroute de la Vallée du Lot, that goes from Aiguillon to Cahors. We sell roadbooks with the details of which kind of road and what you will find on your way (hotels, restaurants, sites to, to visit...), and you can see the general roadbook on our website, in the "Things to do" section and "Nature activities". To search easily, you can click on the "on foot" button on the left (don't forget to click on "Refine" below to see the results).
- the cycle loops: there are also six loops for bikes in Fumel Communauté: around Tournon d'Agenais, around Perricard, around the Castle of Bonaguil, around Lacapelle-Biron, around Sauveterre-la-Lémance, around Fumel. Like the hike maps, we sell the maps of these loops (0.50 € per map) at the Tourist Office.
- the pedestrian hiking paths: part of these hikes can be followed by bike or on horseback!
Need a bike? No problem! You can rent a bike in several places around Fumel:
- Le Temps d'aimer (from June to September or by booking), port de Cadamas, Montayral / +33 6 52 38 65 23 - +33 5 53 41 11 42
- Clinic'vélo (rentals AND repairs, all year), Roussel, Montayral / +33 5 53 75 06 97
- Domaine de Guillalmes (from April 1st to September 30th), Gaillardel, Fumel / +33 5 53 71 01 99