The Museum of the Foie gras is installed in Souleilles, in the former barn of a typical farm of the edges of Quercy in Lot-et-Garonne. It is a unique realization in France which redraws the history of the Foie gras: Egyptians to Romain, birth of this become dish of exception, in the course of the centuries, one of the most beautiful expressions of the gastronomy. Enlarged in 2011, it is enriches, of former movies, an interactive terminal for the children and numerous games discoveries. In summer, animations are proposed:
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays "Discovered by the Secrets of the Foie gras": visits, tasting and demonstration of kitchen
- Friday morning: peasant markets in the farm, 20 producers make you taste the country.
Open all year :
- from January to March, Monday to Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sunday and public holidays from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. (closed on Sunday in January and February).
- April to June and September to December, Monday to Saturday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- July and August: every day from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Closed Christmas and New Year's Day
Visit of the Museum + Tasting.
Adult: 5 euros
Free for children under 12
Group from 10 people: 3.50 euros
Activities on site Specific themed events - Temporary exhibitions
Spoken languages French - English - Occitan